PreviewBot saves time and keeps you sane.
Are you tired of frontend page builders that are far from “what you see is what you get” and you just can not be bothered to hit that preview button for the 1000th time within the last hour? Do you hate changing your preview window sizes to check for responsiveness over and over again?
Well, we do and this is what we came up with:
- Hit that preview button just once to open a preview window
- Every change you make in your backend editor will refresh your preview window
- If your page is slow or you just hate to see that preview page refresh to often, you can change the interval or set the plugin to only refresh by hotkey
- Open multiple preview windows by copy-pasting the url of your current preview window into new tabs or windows. All windows or tabs will be refreshed on changes
- Auto refresh: Automatically refresh preview windows when editing pages or posts. It’s like BrowserSync for WordPress pages.
- Hotkey refresh: Refresh preview windows like a pro by hitting a key combination
- Multiple windows: Open multiple preview windows by copy pasting the preview url into a new window. Every window will refresh on change. Test responsive designs easyly by scaling your windows to different sizes.
- Live CSS Synchronization for Visual Composer / WPBakery Page Builder: You can now type in Visual Composer CSS editor and changes are visible on your preview page immediately. As always you can disable auto transfer and use your hotkey to refresh preview css.
Actually it is not – at least not for you: Just install and use – it’s plug and play. It may not look like it, but the way we did it is way faster than the normal preview route of WordPress transferring all data and persisting a new copy of the current post in your database. Also the plugin does not spam your posts history and last but not least: The chosen implementation allows us to decide which information to persist and preview – even if it would not be previewable in WordPress or WooCommerce without PreviewBot. So bottom line: It is faster and more flexible .
- When using “Classic Editor” Blocks in Gutenberg the preview will detect changes not while you are typing. As soon as you click outside the block changes will be detected. This is due to internal communications of the Gutenberg editor. You can, however use the hotkey to refresh the preview within the classic editor block.
- Hotkeys in web applications have a tendency to be very system or browser dependent. Not all key combinations will work for your setup, so you might have to try a few.
V 1.3.0 [31 August 2020] - Rebranding: WP Live Preview -> PreviewBot - Improvement: Refactored code, modular and future proof - Improvement: Uses even less ressources and only hooks into previews - Improvement: Improved delta transfer for less overhead between transactions - New feature: Hugely improved WooCommerce compatibility - New feature: Live image selection partially available
V 1.2.0 [05 July 2020] - New feature: Support for template changes - New feature: Support for (many) custom attributes - New feature: Support for select-color fields - New feature: Support for featured images
V 1.1.0 [15 June 2020] - New feature: Live CSS Synchronization for Visual Composer and WPBaker Page Builder! - New feature: Support Gutenberg Code Editor for live editing html code and styles - New feature: Display Hotkey in post editor metabox - New feature: Auto refresh preview after updating post - Fix: Reset live preview data on post save and autosave - Fix: Added safeguard for inconsistent states of tinyMCE - Fix: Fixed php notice when using Visual Composer frontend editor - Misc: Improved compatibility with WPBakery Page Builder
V 1.0.0 [25 May 2020] - Initial release